St Michael & All Angels Wembworthy
Post Code EX18 7RY
Churchwarden - Mr Tony Tancock

Of medieval origins, with some parts early 16th century; tower of 1626, porch of 1849, the majority rebuilt in 1868 and restored again in 1902 by Harbottle Reed.

It comprises nave, chancel, north aisle with east chapel, west tower and porch on west end of nave. Perpendicular style throughout. The porch has a tiled floor which contains encaustic memorial tiles to the Revd Peter Johnson, died 1869, and his wife Gratiana, died 1845.

Both the nave and north aisle have ceiled wagon roofs which though much-restored ion the 19th century still retain good deal of early 16th century carpentry. The chancel has a 19th century painted stone reredos, the pulpit is 17th century, restored in the 19th century the Beer stone font 19th century.

Regular Services:

1st Sunday   09.30 Holy Communion (BCP) alternating with

                   09.30 Morning Prayer (BCP)

2nd Sunday

3rd Sunday  

4th Sunday 

5th Sunday  11.00 Mission Community Service see notice board for location

Upcoming Services and Events: