St David Thelbridge
Post Code EX17 4SH

Regular Services:

2nd and 4th Sundays of the month

2nd Sunday  11.15 Morning Prayer (BCP)

4th Sunday   11.15 Holy Communion

Please see the weekly news sheet which provides contact details for those wishing to attend servcies. Prebooking is required for services held in the church to ensure a space is available as we have limited space due to the need for Covid-19 Secure Measures.

Set amid the rolling mid-Devon countryside, the gargoyles set at each corner of the tower present an intimidating feature peering ferociously down on all who enter the church. Frequent visitors appreciate the quiet and peaceful atmosphere of this country church, which is always open.

Dating from the late 13th century, the first recorded priest is Sir William de Thellebrigge, instituted rector on 2nd May 1280. The present building was largely restored between 1871 and 1873 and, whilst it retains some 14th century features, it is described as largely 15th century.

A traditional monthly Eucharist, Morning Prayer and additional services are held throughout the year.