All Saints Eggesford
Post Code EX18 7QU
Churchwarden - Mr Michael Downward

A small and isolated church, restored and much rebuilt in 1867. Some older fabric remains at the east end, the tower dates from the 15th century. Comprises nave, chancel, north aisle with mortuary chapel, north porch and west tower. The interior dates mainly from the 1867 restoration, including the tiled floors, altar rails, choir stalls and pulpit. Seating includes some 18th century box pews.

The north aisle contains the family box pew of the Earls of Portsmouth, which now contains the organ. The font is Norman, restored in 1919.

There are two significant 17th century monuments to the Chichester family, and a large 18th century monument to William Fellowes in Italian marble.

Regular Services:

1st Sunday  

2nd Sunday

3rd Sunday   18.30 (15.30 in the winter) Evensong (BCP) alternating with

                   18.30 (15.30 in the winter) Holy Communion (BCP)

4th Sunday 

5th Sunday

Upcoming Services and Events: